What is a live-in nanny?
Live-in Nannies are professional child care providers who live and sleep in the home. Some live-in
nannies are only live-in 3-5 days per week, while other live-in nannies are permanent residents. Live-in
Nannies typically work full-time and are ideal for families who travel often, work long hours and/or later
A live-in nanny’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Primary Child Care for their Charge(s)
- Preparing snacks and meals (lunch/dinner) for children
- Bottle feeding for infants and babies
- Administering medicine, if needed
- Laundry for charge(s) and sometimes family, if agreed to initially.
- Daily excursions such as play dates & walks to the park
- Occasional travel with the family
- Complete care for the children while parents are out-of-town
- Keeping a daily log of feeding times, naptime, medication doses, etc.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitized play environment
- Assist with potty training (if needed)
- Nurturing the children and providing an enriched learning atmosphere
- Driving child(ren) to/from school & doctor’s appointments
- Any & all other duties related to child care.
A live-in nanny’s
salary ranges anywhere from $500-$1,000+ per week, depending on job requirements,
their level of experience, number of children, if he/she drives, etc. Compensation is in addition to paid
accommodations and meals provided. Hours worked are typically 45-55 hours per week.
Some live-in nannies will also consider combining other non child care related duties such as housekeeping
and personal assistant work for a higher pay compensation; however, this should never compromise the care
and needs of the children. More information regarding live-out nannies can be found here.
Our nannies are required to have a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience to work with babies and
toddlers and a minimum of 6 years for infants. Additional screening requirements can be found here.
Want to hire a Live-In Nanny? please call us at 818-888-9894
or toll-free at 877-626-6912
Request More Information